Fun family event! Live circus performers! Come in costume for the Halloween parade during the show!”
Conductor Steven Allen Fox (also of Golden State Pops Orchestra) directs the El Segundo Concert Band Sunday, October 28th at the Performing Arts Center on 640 Main Street.
Besides musical selections such as “The Greatest Showman”, & “Entry of the Gladiators”, guests can enjoy circus performers, circus foods, and delicious desserts!Click for Fullscreen Mode
About the South Bay Music Association
South Bay Music Association is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation which operates or provides funding for the El Segundo High School Band, Middle School Instrument Program, Elementary School Bands, Summer Music Symposium Band Camp, In School Music Clinics, Music Scholarships, and more.
In 1998, one dozen parents of El Segundo High School band students performed at a band event playing the song “Louie Louie” as a surprise for their kids. The parents enjoyed playing so much that they formed the El Segundo Community Concert Band. As they grew, the group became a non-profit organization, created educational programs, and established a significant fund-raising sector. In 2014, the organization renamed itself as the South Bay Music Association to better represent its changed size and scope.
Today, the Association:
- Operates numerous after-school band programs.
- Operates the annual summer South Bay Music Symposium band camp.
- Provides funding and music support for the El Segundo High School Band.
- Funds, and hosts in-school musical clinics by professional musicians.
- Presents free music concerts by the El Segundo Concert Band, and various small ensemble recitals to the community throughout the year.
- Brings in additional performers, educators, and conductors from other communities to participate in one or more of the SBMA’s concert and/or workshop programs, thereby delivering diverse perspectives and insights to the overall musical learning experience. demonstrates the power of live music by entertaining and educating families in the community.
More information available at sbmusic.org