El Segundo’s Movie in the Park: A Summer Experience for All Ages
August is almost here, and so is El Segundo’s 21st Annual Movie in the Park! Outdoor movies are a trademark of summer. There’s a touch of magic under that big screen, but it’s the simple summer pleasures that make memories- warm nights, playing on the grass, and being together with family and friends.
On Saturday the 4th, you can make some summer movie memories of your own with this year’s showing of Mary Poppins! Though it may seem magical, events like this don’t just happen. They take a huge collective effort and weeks of planning, not to mention fundraising to make it all possible. For that, we have to thank the El Segundo Rotary Club.
About the Rotary Club
“The El Segundo Rotary Club was founded in 1952 with 27 members. The club is very active and now stands at over 60 members strong.
Our club is committed to making a difference in this world locally, nationally and internationally and we embrace individuals that share our passion for service and philanthropy.
Talented people tackling complex issues and making a difference; this is the El Segundo Rotary Club!”
-The El Segundo Rotary Club
This year’s Movie in the Park
This year’s feature film will be the Disney Classic, “Mary Poppins”. The movie was first produced in 1964, describing the whimsical tale of a magical nanny named Mary Poppins.
Mary teaches the children a little about manners and a lot about character. The family-friendly film shows that happiness isn’t about money, but about imagination, kindness, and being with the ones who matter most. What better movie to share with our community?
- Gates open at 4:00 pm on Saturday, August 4th at Chevron Park. Movie begins at dusk.
- Tickets are $5 per person. Children 2 and under free!
- Tickets can be purchased at Industrial Lock and Security, Big-5 El Segundo, and the El Segundo Chamber of Commerce.
- Food and drinks, including wine and beer, will be available for purchase. Credit Cards will be accepted at the event for convenience.
- Giant movie screen in a outdoor, park-like setting
- Bring blankets & beach chairs. No high back chairs so everyone can enjoy the show
Parking: Free parking available in structure at Illinois & El Segundo Blvd
Other notes: No pets or outside alcohol permitted. Children must be attended at all times.